Sunday, June 3, 2012

I can finally keep up on Prince Valiant!

Creating my Metropolis comic has reignited my interest in comic strips.  (Metropolis is modeled after the Sunday adventure comic strip format). Unfortunately newspapers are becoming rare and newspapers with comics rarer still.

And if you are a fan of Prince Valiant, The Phantom, Spider-Man (the comic strip version) and Flash Gordon, then you've probably been on the search for where you can read them on-line.  A very frustrating search. 

If you own an Apple product you can shell out $20 for a subscription for an app called DailyINK.  That will give you access to all of King Feature's strips for 1 year.  I'm only interested in about 3 or 4 of their 60 strips, so I didn't do that.

Fortunately, you can get access to about 1 month's worth of all the strips at a website called http://www.oregonlive.com/comics/.

Now I can keep up on all my adventure strips on-line.  I hope you enjoy them too.

Joao

No comments:

Post a Comment