Sunday, February 23, 2014

Metropolis Volume 1 - Available in .PDF and .CBZ


Hello

(If you have been enjoying the Metropolis comic strip, then I hope you will consider helping me promote it.  Please click here to find out how you can help.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you.)

https://sites.google.com/site/metropoliscomicstrip/yearbooks


The following is the introduction to Metropolis Volume 1

On the Metropolis blog I talk a lot about why I stopped collecting comic books as a kid.  Today I want to talk a little about what brought me back; comic strips.

One day I was feeling nostalgic about comic books as I was surfing the web.  I stumbled upon a website that hosted one month’s worth of over 60 different newspaper strips (http://www.oregonlive.com/comics-kingdom/index.ssf).  That day, I read strips until my eyes hurt.


The strips that I started to follow were, Prince Valiant, Flash Gordon, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Phantom.  I was completely re-engaged with all the things I loved about comic books.  And comic strips didn’t have any of the things that drove me away from comic books.  They were free.  They were fun. They had a sense of drama and humour.  There were no endless crossovers.

However, there was a downside.  I could only read them a few panels at a time. Then I had to wait a day to read the next part (or wait an entire week as in the case of Flash Gordon and Prince Valiant).  This can get a little irritating.  So I started to read comic strips the way most people watch TV shows nowadays; wait for a few episodes to pile up then watch them all at once.  I imagine a lot of people do the same.

That’s why I’ve created Metropolis Volume 1.  You don’t have to wait for the two strips per month that I am able to produce.  Here is a conveniently packaged bundle of chapters that you can read on your favourite e-reading device.  I should warn you now though…  I don’t expect to get around to making Volume 2 until around early 2015.

Enjoy Volume 1 and have a great day.

João


No comments:

Post a Comment