Sunday, November 23, 2014

Metropolis Chapter 45! - AND - Relic Radio Podcasts!

Hello

Click image to enlarge.



Download the F.Y.O.C. version here.









Relic Radio Podcasts!!

 
I love listening to old-time radio.  "Dimension X", "X Minus One", "Suspense" and "The CBS Radio Mystery Theatre" to name but just a few.

If you are on iTunes, you can find a very good provider of old-time radio shows in Relic Radio.  If you are not on iTunes you can enjoy the website.

Every time I think I've just watched or read some new and innovative Science-Fiction I eventually come across an old-time radio show that did it first.  And usually better.

The same goes for modern-day, first-world problems (be they social, political or environmental).  I know I'm an old codger before my time because I say things like: "I betcha they didn't have to worry about that in the old days".  Then, once more, I'll come across an old-time radio show (from the 70s, 60s, 50s and sometimes earlier) and realize "Wow, they had that problem back then too!"

At any rate, go enjoy some old-time radio.  Not only are they entertaining, but you'll soon realize that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment